WELCOME TO ISECS
The International Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, founded at the initiative of Theodore Besterman, promotes the growth, development and coordination of studies and research relating to the eighteenth century in all aspects of its cultural heritage (historical, philosophical, ideological, religious, linguistic, literary, scientific, artistic, juridical) in all countries, without exception; the Society is non-profit and non-political.
• Information sheet (pdf)
• Information leaflet (pdf)
Professor Marc André Bernier (Canada) was elected president of ISECS in 2011.
ISECS International Seminars for early career scholars
8-12 September 2014
Arts of Communication: in manuscript, in print, in the arts, and in person
• Information (pdf)
ISECS INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS
International congresses take place every 4 years attracting between 600 and 1,200 participants.
The next congress will be held in Rotterdam in 2015.
NEWS AND UPDATES
Friday, April 11, 2014
ISECS Congress - Rotterdam 2015
• First announcement: call for proposals for panel sessions and round table sessions
• Books in Motion in Early Modern Europe. Beyond Production, Circulation and Consumption (Gotha, Germany, May 28-31 2014; Programme)
• 6th Quebec Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy (Trois-Rivières, Quebec, September 25-27, 2014; deadline: May 1st 2014; Website)
• Échanges et transferts entre deux cultures : France et Espagne au temps de Philippe V (Université de Bordeaux Montaigne, November 13-15 2014; deadline: May 1st 2014)
• Représentations des savoirs des « barbares », des « primitifs » et des « sauvages » dans la littérature et les arts des XVIIIe et XIXe siècles (Clermont-Ferrand, MSH, April 1-2; deadline: October 15 2014; Website)
• Les Mirabeau : culture cosmopolite, économie politique et société au XVIIIe siècle (Paris, April 9-11 2015; deadline: June 30 2014)
• Le singe aux XVIIe et XVIIIe siècles (Bordeaux, May 28-29 2015; deadline: June 15 2014; Website)
ISECS Elections 2015
• Provisional list of candidates, adopted at the ISECS Executive Committee meeting (Rotterdam, August 27 2013)
• Icelandic Society: New President, New website, New address for electronic journal; Finnish Society: New Secretary, New Treasurer